Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook windows. The set of folders could not be opened.
Posted by David Huang on 11 April 2011 11:26 AM
How to setup Google Apps Email after switching from Microsoft Exchange system.
After switching off the Exchange Server, you've received the following error message when you start up Outlook.
"Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook windows. The set of folders could not be opened."
Please follow the steps to create your new Google Apps Email for Outlook.
1) Go to Start -> Settings -> Control Panel
2) Double click on Mail Icon.
3) You should see the Mail Setup - Outlook dialog box. Click on "Show Profiles.."
4) You should see your default profile similar below. Click on "Add..."
5) Enter "Google Apps" under the Profile Name. Then click "Ok"
6) Outlook wizard box will appear and click on "Add a new e-mail account"
7) Click on "IMAP". Then "Next"
8) Enter your details.
User Name: (Your full email address)
9) Click on "More Settings..."
10) Click on "Outgoing Server" tab and select/tick "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires quthentication and "User same settings as my incoming mail server"
11) Click on "Advanced" tab and select/tick "This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) for both IMAP and SMTP. Change "Outgoing server (SMTP):" to 465
12) Click "Ok", then "Ok" and "Finish". You now have finished adding a new e-mail account.
13) You will now see "Google Apps" profile and click "Always use this profile" drop down box and select "Google Apps"